Coming to Regional Queensland in 2020
Word on the Street is a fun and inclusive space for anyone who loves to write or is curious about writing.
Whether you're a seasoned writer or an aspiring one, this class is an opportunity to put pen to paper and let your creativity do the talking. Creativity is recognised as being beneficial for mental health, including recovering from depression and anxiety.
Through guided writing exercises, you'll build new skills in a relaxed setting and apply them to writing stories, scenes, characters and poetry.
For 90 minutes every week, switch off your inner critic, improve creativity, confidence and self-expression.
Set your inner storyteller free and sign up today!
TERM 3 2020 (commencing the week of 13 July)
|Wednesday||10am||WIDE BAY REGION|
- Referral required from Queensland Health Mental Health Service or Mental Health Agency in your region; or your medical professional (this information will be captured when you register online)
- You must reside in the region you are registering for
- Members must be 18 or over
- Members will need access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer with video/camera capability and internet access
- 90 minute sessions
- This free course is for 10 weeks
- Option to sign up for a further 10 week course in Term 4
- You can download a flyer below
On confirmation of your place in our online program, you will receive a 'Welcome Email' from us. This will include all you need to know including:
- how the program works
- how to log on
- some basic rules
- a link to access the private Facebook Group for members only
If you have further questions, please email us. Please allow 48 hours (office hours) for a reply.