Coming to Regional Queensland in 2020
Word on the Street is a fun and inclusive space for anyone who loves to write or is curious about writing, and best of all - you can start at any time!
Whether you're a seasoned writer or an aspiring one, this class is an opportunity to put pen to paper and let your creativity do the talking. Creativity is recognised as being beneficial for mental health, including recovering from depression and anxiety.
Through guided writing exercises, you'll build new skills in a relaxed setting and apply them to writing stories, scenes, characters and poetry. These creative writing classes aren't sequential. Each class is a stand alone workshop suitable for beginners to more experienced writers and everyone in between.
For 90 minutes every week, switch off your inner critic, improve creativity, confidence and self-expression.
|Wednesday||10am||WIDE BAY REGION|
- Members will be clients of a Queensland Health Mental Health Service, Non-Government Mental Health Service, or be receiving support from another mental health, disability or drugs and alcohol support service. Members may also be referred by their medical professional or GP. (Please note these details on the application form.)
- Or, there are a limited number of community member positions available in each session
- You will ideally reside in the region you are registering for - but chat to us if another session time suits you better
- Members must be 18 or over
- Members will need access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer with video/camera and microphone capability and internet access (you can still access if you only have microphone - video/camera highly recommended if possible)
- 90 minute sessions
- This free course is available until the end of 2020
- You can download a flyer below
On confirmation of your place in our online program, you will receive a 'Welcome Email' from us. This will include all you need to know including:
- how the program works
- how to log on
- some basic rules
If you have further questions, please email us. Please allow 48 hours (office hours) for a reply.